250g Israeli couscous
1/2 an onion, peeled and diced
1 small garlic clove, minced
2 cups stock (vegetable, chicken, beef, your choice)
1 cauliflower cut into florets
2 tablespoons za’atar
300g of greens (I use spinach and baby kale)
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, toasted
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 160c
1. Combine cauliflower florets, a good drizzle of olive oil, za’atar, salt & pepper in a bowl. Spread on a baking tray covered in baking paper and roast for 35 minutes.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and add couscous., onion, and garlic.Stir to toast for a minute or two. Add two cups of boiling water and stock. Stir with a fork. Leave to absorb, with a lid on, for 45 minutes (until tender).
3. Meanwhile, sauté shredded greens in a little olive oil, season to taste and set aside.
4. Toast seeds in a dry frying pan until golden.
5. Combine cauliflower, couscous, HALF the seeds, and greens on a platter. Top with the remaining seeds.